Nanobrid® Technology Platform
Nanobrid® is proprietary next generation lipidic and polymeric nanoparticle system
- Nanobrid® platform uses solid-lipid, liquid-lipid, and amphiphilic polymer that comes together to form monolithic type hybrid nanoparticles (<200 nm size)
- Active ingredient (lipid soluble) gets encapsulated in the hydrophobic core
- Hydrophilic (water soluble) portion of polymer arranges outside core and interacts with aqueous phase and is responsible for offering stability
- Surface modification of polymer offers possibility for targeted delivery (for example to liver, brain, and cancer cells)
- Nanobrid® platform offers flexibility of selecting variety of polymers, lipids, and surfactants to optimize formulation characteristics based on target candidate and desired target product profile
Nanobrid® platform presents broad applicability in drug delivery by enhancing formulation to improve efficacy, safety and patient convenience. Below are potential use cases
Potential use case
Poor bioavailability: Difficulty in delivering active ingredient to skin or nails limiting efficacy
- Nanobrid formulation reaches to deeper level of disease affected skin or nails.
- Slow and sustained release of active ingredient improves therapeutic outcome.
Poor safety profile: product cannot be used for more than two weeks when used topically due to increased risk of systemic side-effects.
- Nanobrid formulation reduce risk of absorption of active ingredient into blood circulation and therefore can be used for a longer duration.
- Nanobrid formulation require reduced dose to produce similar or superior therapeutic effect due to improved cellular uptake
Patient inconvenience: Patients expressed discomfort applying oily greasy creams and discontinuing prescribed treatment.
- Nanobrid transparent gel formulation gets absorbed in skin quickly and is suitable for the application in the visible part of body (e.g. face and hands) without risk of getting noticed.