NanobridTM Technology Platform
NanobridTM is proprietary next generation lipidic and polymeric nanoparticle systems.
Our platform allows delivery of “difficult to deliver” drugs across a variety of therapeutic areas and clinical indications. Our hybrid approach overcomes challenges associated with lipidic and polymeric nanoparticle systems. Nanobird Platform is flexible and can be adapted to various routes of administration such as topical, injectables, ocular, nasal, oral etc. to design products with superior value propositions
Schematic of NanobridTM Platform
- NanobridTM platform uses solid-lipid, liquid-lipid, and amphiphilic polymer that comes together to form monolithic type hybrid nanoparticles (<200 nm size).
- Drug molecules (lipid soluble) gets encapsulated in the hydrophobic core. Technology allows delivering multiple APIs (new drug combination opportunity).
- Hydrophilic (water soluble) portion of polymer arranges outside core and interacts with aqueous phase and is responsible for offering stability
- Surface modification of polymer offers possibility for targeted drug delivery (for example to liver, brain and cancer cells)
- NanobridTM platform offers flexibility of selecting variety of polymers, lipids, and surfactants to optimize formulation characteristics based on targeted drug candidate and desired target product profile. Ingredients used in NanobridTM platform are listed in the FDA’s inactive ingredients database.
NanobridTM platform presents broad applicability in drug delivery by enhancing formulation to improve efficacy, safety and patient convenience. Below are potential use cases
Potential use case
- NanobridTM formulation reaches to deeper level of disease affected skin or nails.
- Slow and sustained release of drug improves therapeutic outcome.
- NanobridTM formulation reduce risk of absorption of drug into blood circulation and therefore can be used for a longer duration.
- NanobridTM formulation require reduced dose of drug candidate to produce similar or superior therapeutic effect due to localized sustained release
- NanobridTM transparent gel formulation gets absorbed in skin quickly and is suitable for application in the visible part of body (e.g. face and hands) without risk of getting noticed.
- NanobridTM sustain release injectable solutions are being developed to effectively deliver drugs over several months.